Thursday, November 11, 2010

Golf is a game in which the ball lies poorly

Golf Quotes

Golf is a game in which the ball lies poorly and the players well. ~Art Rosenbaum


The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost a law. ~H.G. Wells, Bealby, 1915


Golf is like chasing a quinine pill around a cow pasture. ~Winston Churchill


The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green. ~Ernest Hemingway


One of the advantages bowling has over golf is that you seldom lose a bowling ball. ~Don Carter


I'm a golfaholic, no question about that. Counseling wouldn't help me. They'd have to put me in prison, and then I'd talk the warden into building a hole or two and teach him how to play. ~Lee Trevino


A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers, neither of whom can putt very well. ~Author Unknown


Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf, and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf. ~Jack Benny




Art said he wanted to get more distance. I told him to hit it and run backward. ~Ken Venturi, on Art Rosenbaum


One thing about golf is you don't know why you play bad and why you play good. ~George Archer


Have you ever noticed what golf spells backwards? ~Al Boliska


If I'm on the course and lightning starts, I get inside fast. If God wants to play through, let him. ~Bob Hope
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch videos at Vodpod and sports videos and more of my videos

Golf - Google News