Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit

Golf Quotes

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit. ~Author Unknown

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted. ~Author Unknown

I'd play every day if I could. It's cheaper than a shrink and there are no telephones on my golf cart. ~Brent Musburger

In baseball you hit your home run over the right-field fence, the left-field fence, the center-field fence. Nobody cares. In golf everything has got to be right over second base. ~Ken Harrelson

Real golfers, no matter what the provocation, never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey

Golf balls are attracted to water as unerringly as the eye of a middle-aged man to a female bosom. ~Michael Green, The Art of Coarse Golf, 1967

Duffers who consistently shank their balls are urged to buy and study Shanks - No Thanks by R.K. Hoffman, or in extreme cases, M.S. Howard's excellent Tennis for Beginners. ~Henry Beard, Golfing, 1985

If I can hit a curveball, why can't I hit a ball that is standing still on a course? ~Larry Nelson

Drugs are very much a part of professional sports today, but when you think about it, golf is the only sport where the players aren't penalized for being on grass. ~Bob Hope


A passion, an obsession, a romance, a nice acquaintanceship with trees, sand, and water. ~Bob Ryan


Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes when you consider the course. ~Lee Trevino

If your opponent is playing several shots in vain attempts to extricate himself from a bunker, do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes. It would be justifiable homicide if he wound up his pitiable exhibition by applying his niblick to your head. ~Harry Vardon



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch videos at Vodpod and sports videos and more of my videos

Golf - Google News