Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The golf swing is like a suitcase

The golf swing is like a suitcase into which we are trying to pack one too many things. ~John Updike

They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken. ~Raymond Floyd


Actually, the only time I ever took out a one-iron was to kill a tarantula. And it took a seven to do that. ~Jim Murray

The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody put a flagstick on top. ~Pete Dye

My handicap? Woods and irons. ~Chris Codiroli

Even God has to practice his putting. ~Golf Saying

Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they are out having fun. ~Jim Bishop

If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron. ~Lee Trevino


I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them. ~Harry Toscano


"Play it as it lies" is one of the fundamental dictates of golf. The other is "Wear it if it clashes." ~Henry Beard, Golfing, 1985

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

I just hope I don't have to explain all the times I've used His name in vain when I get up there. ~Bob Hope, about his golfing
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch videos at Vodpod and sports videos and more of my videos

Golf - Google News