Monday, November 15, 2010

A golf course is nothing but a poolroom moved outdoors

Golf Quotes

A golf course is nothing but a poolroom moved outdoors. ~Barry Fitzgerald, Going My Way


I can airmail the golf ball, but sometimes I don't put the right address on it. ~Jim Dent


It is more satisfying to be a bad player at golf. The worse you play, the better you remember the occasional good shot. ~Nubar Gulbenkian, 1972


Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses. ~Adlai Stevenson


I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose. ~Gerald Ford


The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life. ~Chi Chi Rodriguez



I'll shoot my age if I have to live to be 105. ~Bob Hope


After all these years, it's still embarrassing for me to play on the American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye. ~Chi Chi Rodriguez, on his Puerto Rican accent


My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch. ~Lee Trevino


Playing the game I have learned the meaning of humility. It has given me an understanding of futility of the human effort. ~Abba Eban


It took me seventeen years to get 3,000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course. ~Hank Aaron, 1971


Swinging at daisies is like playing electric guitar with a tennis racket: if it were that easy, we could all be Jerry Garcia. The ball changes everything. ~Michael Bamberger

from : http://www.quotegarden.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch videos at Vodpod and sports videos and more of my videos

Golf - Google News